Brisbane, QLD


Tuesday, October 3, 2017

LIONS

Continuing "My Story"

When we moved to Springwood we didn’t have many friends in the area. One day when we were in the corner shop, Bill was asked to join the new Springwood Lion’s Club. We thought it would be a good way to meet locals and help others.
Bill enjoyed going to the dinners and weekend fund raising functions. I joined the Lady Lions and even designed the logo.

At “Change Over Night”, when the new committee was sworn in, Bill received awards for attendance and magazine editor.


7 comments:

  1. The local Lions Club did a lot of good work for the disabled young people I used to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Bill and I are as one; I always get involved in the committee of a club (although I vow beforehand not to) and now I'm Newsletter Editor of Probus in our area. Good show on designing a logo for the Lady Lions. This club does a lot of good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you had found LIONS on one of your walkabouts... I think we have this club here to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nigel used to belong to Rotary and loved it. The ladies who did a lot for charity as well were called the Inner Wheel. Have a good Sunday, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good way to integrate into a new area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good way to get to know folk. The Lions are quite active over here too, I think.

    ReplyDelete